Monday, April 27, 2009

{for the one}

This weekend, Christine Caine, from Hillsong Australia came and shared a powerful message for the church.
But another thing she shared was her heart for the victims of human trafficking.

Roughly 2 to 4 million people are trafficked in and across borders each year.
Children as young as four years old are sold into this terrible crime.
Human trafficking is now a leading source of profits for organized crime, together with drugs and weapons, generating an estimated 9.5 billion dollars per year.

Hearing Christine share this information affected me.
I felt pain for these victims.
It raged a burning anger in my heart that someone would do such a thing to these poor women and children.
It brought tears to my eyes thinking that these people are trapped, alone, and hurt.
It made me want to do something.

The A21 Campaign is committed to abolishing injustice in the 21st Century. Their goal is to raise awareness, take legal action and offer rehabilitation services to rescued victims of human trafficking in order to fight this injustice from a comprehensive approach.

And I support them
I want this brought to a stop. And the A21 campaign is dedicated to take the steps needed to do so.
Check out http://www.thea21campaign.org for more information

No comments: