Sunday, April 4, 2010

what are you reading?










I love books. I just do. and I've never been the kind of person that only reads one book at a time.
2nd Chronicles. Seriously, if you want to know how to be a worshiper, check it out (I especially love chapter 20 :) )
The Spirit of the Disciplines. by Dallas Willard. A true Christ Follower doesn't just ask "What would Jesus do?" in a specific circumstance, instance, or decision. A Christ Follower approaches every day with "How did Jesus live in His time on Earth?" and "How can I live like that too?" Its a lifestyle. not a bracelet.
Its Not Business Its Personal. by Bob Sorge. I've been wanting to read this for a while, and I'm FINALLY getting to it! I love it! "Jesus is not merely an entrepreneur who has found a promising enterprise on one of His planets. Rather, He is a ravished Bridegroom who has come to win the affections of a lovesick Bride."
Pride and Prejudice. By Jane Austen. Everyone reads it in high school. I'm enjoying it though. I love the journey the persnickety Miss Elizabeth Bennet takes. :)
1984. by George Orwell. another one for school. I think its cleverly written. The story depicts the danger of a Utopian society and totalitarian government. It is a harsh read. No happy endings, or feel good messages. Its been interesting.
what are you reading?

No comments: